How to reduce the amount of RAM memory Windows 7 uses
Every computer must have RAM memory. It is also known as the ‘’physical memory’’. The main role of the RAM memory is to save fragments of programs you are opening. Because of this, computers with more RAM memory, work faster and better. However, Windows 7 has one more feature. It uses RAM memory to store fragments of programs it ‘’thinks’’ you will use. The feature is called Superfetch. This feature works perfectly if you have at least 3 GB of RAM memory. If you have less, your computer will run slow. The solution is to disable Superfetch.
1. Go to Control Panel (Start menu/Control Panel).
2. Locate System and Security. Click on it and you will see several options.
3. Click on Administrative Tools.
4. Locate the Services icon and click two time. You will see many options and many processes.
5. Find the Superfetch. It is located in the middle of the list. Right click and choose Properties.
6. Click on the box with Automatic and change it to Disabled. Now click on stop and wait a few seconds. You will see that Windows is turning off this feature.
7. Confirm with OK and exit.
You will notice that your computer is faster and more efficient. If it works the same, restart it. This is just one of the ways why your computer is using a lot of RAM. Other possibilities are that you have a program with a memory leak or a virus. Scan your PC for viruses and run a program that will detect what is using your RAM.